07 December 2010

Birds of a Feather, in the Cloud

Robert Scoble went to Dreamforce last year.
I was at Dreamforce today. I didn’t take my trusty companion with me because I didn’t want to lug it around the show floor all day. I ended up loaded down anyway. While there, I got my hands on a couple of publications that Salesforce.com were giving away to encourage developers to start building applications for their cloud platform. This might sound like a distraction, but the more I flip through them, the more they seem helpful; not from a Twitter API-specific perspective, but more from a developer-logic perspective.

One in particular, Fundamentals: An Introduction to Custom Application Development in the Cloud, seems to give a simple, comprehensive look at deciding the type of customization you want, assessing what tutorials you need, and developing the skills which allow you to build exactly what you’re expecting. More study is needed, but I’ll be back at the Moscone Center tomorrow to try and squeeze into President Bill Clinton’s afternoon keynote. But I’m sure I’ll find some time for something other than caring about calls from the cult of cloud.

For instance, today I noticed that Twitter now supports some new media partners, including Instagram. Although this isn’t precisely what I was looking for over the weekend, it may be a step in the right direction. But if Twitter makes it easy to change my image hosting in Twitter for iPhone, then part of this process will be futile. So, I better start figuring this stuff out soon before they go and do it for me.

Lastly, I am regretting mentioning yesterday the holiday auction; I can't afford to win now. My only worry is that I have been bidding against a family member who is trying to grant my Xmas wish. Santa, if you’re reading this, I hope I see you on the ‘morrow, on the Web.

0 responses:

Post a Comment