27 December 2010

A Tweet Falls in the Woods

A Twee in the woods.
I’m in the middle of a national forrest, with very little Web access, so this is just a short note to point you to a couple of quick items. First, one of my favorite tech journalists, Marshall Kirkpatrick, has an interesting story about an anonymous Twitter account doing some fun music reviews ... which the Village Voice just named it “Music Critic of the Year.”

Next, Liz Gannes at All Things Digital sums up some info I’ve already covered: Twitter’s increased funding and three-fold growth of employees—including the addition of Fluther’s team. What’s interesting is her perspective on how this new capital and talent acquisition will help bring greater relevancy to Twitter users. The next step in that direction is actually a leap from a passive information service, like the ticker on CNN, to a vital lifeline feeding sustenance for your online survival. And I think that’s what I’m learning to build.

Lastly, I got an e-mail from one of my many, still useless, weekly job board services. Marc Cenedella, Founder & CEO of TheLadders.com dedicated this week’s newsletter entirely to Twitter, which he joined this time last year, While I know that every e-mail Mr. Cenedella sends is an attempt to sell me a premium membership at his site, it’s pretty obvious that he hasn’t quite found Twitter a useful job-hunting tool. I hope to prove him wrong. Let me know if you agree with his note, and I’ll see you on the ‘morrow, on the Web, Internet access permitting.

0 responses:

Post a Comment