01 January 2011

Closing Down an Open Year

Welcome.
Happy new year. If you’re like me, you are going to use this flip of the calendar to make big plans to turn big ideas into big projects and bigger successes.

Rather than distract you from getting right to work on your next big thing, I want to let you know that when you’re ready for a little break, there’s a great review of open government gains from 2010 compiled by Alex Howard on the O’Reilly Media “Radar” site. Pay particular attention to the section about Twitter; you may have seen some of those topics before.

“This was also the year that mainstream media couldn't stop reporting on social media in politics.”
Alex Howard- O’Reilly Media “Radar,” 29 December 2010

We can discuss what you thought was the most important development surrounding governments sharing data at another time. But take a look at it soon; there are some nuggets in there you may have missed this year—I know I did. In the meantime, get back to building, and let me know about your progress when I see you on the ‘morrow, on the Web.

0 responses:

Post a Comment