06 January 2011

Complete Epiphany

Choose to act.
Now this is what I’m talking about! Leave it to the man who got me into this; Dusty Reagan has created a Twitter account that closes the gap between information and action: AlmostCompleted.

As I’ve said many, many times before, gathering information is merely the start of the process when making change. The most vital part is action. What Mr. Reagan has done here further reduces the barrier between information and action. It’s fine for the Donors Choose account to let you know about their news and notable mentions, but the AlmostCompleted account now gets you closer to helping fulfill the Donors Choose mission: funding projects.

This is a great combination of context, programming, information distribution. I applaud Mr. Reagan’s efforts, but wish he went even further. How ’bout a one-click donation process? Or an accompanying site that aggregates and auto-updates all the projects close to completion? Don’t get me wrong, I love this. But I still think that there is a way to use Twitter as something more than an information network. I want to transform it to an action network. And I’ll keep trying today, and see you on the ‘morrow, on the Web.

0 responses:

Post a Comment